Twelve people were treated by paramedics after a chemical reaction created toxic fumes at a workplace in Sydney’s west.
A 29-year-old man was mixing sulfuric acid and chlorine at a pipe manufacturing business in Smithfield around 8.30am on Thursday when he inhaled toxic fumes.
Firefighter crews rushed to the Woodpark Road address along with three fire trucks and two hazmat units.
A man has inhaled toxic fumes in a western Sydney industrial area. Picture: Supplied
Paramedics transported the man to hospital for further treatment and assessed 11 other workers at the site.
Firefighters are checking gas levels within the building.
They have confirmed there has been no chemical spillage.
More to come.
Read related topics:Sydney