A gas leak at a primary school in Queensland has resulted in several students between the ages of 5 and 14 being taken to hospital.
Fourteen pupils and two adults at St George State School were taken to the hospital for treatment after suffering headaches abdominal pain, nausea and mild respiratory symptoms.
Paramedics arrived at the scene and evaluated a total of 32 patients, including five adults, who were also affected by the gas leak.
The incident took place on Tuesday morning around 9.24am.
“Of those patients assessed, 14 paediatric patients were transported to St George Hospital and two adults were transported to St George Hospital,” Queensland Ambulance Services senior operations supervisor John Nolan said.
“It was determined that there was some gas cylinders leaking near the office.
“That was quickly isolated by Queensland Fire and Emergency Services and local council.
“We’d also arranged for a medical team to attend from St George hospital which consisted of two doctors and four nurses.”
A gas leak at a primary school in Queensland has affected several students between the ages of 5 and 14.
More to come.
Read related topics:Brisbane